Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

Book Review: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

This book right here...was amazing, it made me cry so many times, it's one of those books that will never leave your mind, ever.  Had I heard about this book before reading?  Yes, I did.  Did I hear that it was an amazing book?  Of course, but of course I didn't believe it until I read it for myself.

Let's review it:

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

77203

Amir is the son of a wealthy Kabul merchant.  Hassan, is his servants son and also his servant, but most importantly his companion, in Kabul he is called a Hazara, a despised and impoverished caste.  Amir and Hassan's friendship goes through a lot of bumps on the road, and eventually their bond is torn by Amir's choice to abandon his friend and makes both of them go their separate ways.
Years later after Amir has left Kabu because of the political tension of the country and made him and his dad to move to US, Amir is asking by an old family friend to return to Kabul and right his past wrongs against his only true friend he ever had.

This story is about Amir and Hassan and everything in between them.  Their friendship is like no other told before and it will touch your heart, grab it and tear it apart before it before you get a happy ending.  In this story you will learn about the price of betrayal, about redemption, about secrets and most importantly about family and friendships.

I cannot recommend enough this book, I don't want to give anymore about this book, I went in pretty much blind and yes, it broke my heart and made me cry a million times throughout the book but was it worth it?  Totally and I would do it again and again.  So, the only thing left to say is if you haven't read it yet, do it, because you will not regret it.

5 out of 5 stars.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment