Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Book Review: Frostblood by Elly Blake

I am in such a fantasy mood this year, when I started reading fantasy I didn't think I would read as many books as I have been reading, but the more I read the more I want.  Fantasy may be one of my favorite genres of books, and if you are afraid to start reading this kind of books this book that I'm reviewing today is a great start up into this world.  It's a new release of this year and the story line it freaking amazing, and now I'm going to jump to the review:

Frostblood by Elle Blake

27827203

Ruby is seventeen years old and she is a Fireblood.  What is a Fireblood?  Fireblood is a person who has a power of heat and flame and in her world, Firebloods are illegals, so Ruby has spent her entire life concealing her power and hiding from the Frostblood ruling class.  But when her mother is killed trying to protect her, and rebel Frostbloods demand her help to overthrow their king, she agrees to help them in order to have her revenge.

Ruby starts training with the rebels even with the annoying and infuriating Arcus, she doesn't know what his problem is, and he is just as cold as his powers.  Before the rebels and Ruby can go through with their plan, Ruby is capture and brought to the king, where he makes her compete in his tournaments where Firebloods prisoners fight against Frostblood champions.  With each win, Ruby gets closer to destroy the crazy ruler who has taken everything from her, but will she be able to do it?
Ruby is stubborn and her desperation for revenge makes you cheer for her throughout the whole book.  But what really makes this book different is how this book is written and it makes the characters real and you feel what they feel and you just connect with them.  Yes, Ruby is courageous and a freaking weapon with her powers, but when she is about to fight or even when she is fighting, she tells you what she is feeling and many times she says that she doesn't think she is going to be able to survive and she feels weak and that's make this character and book more amazing.

I totally, totally recommend this book, once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down.  5 out 5 stars.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment