Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

Favorite Books of 2016

I read over 100 books in 2016 and I loved lots of them but I figured that I would pick 16 of them for this list, because there was no way that I could only pick 10 of them.  I had a really great reading year, not a great personal/healthy year but reading year?  Oh yeah, I read lots of amazing books lol.

 Let's get to this list:


1.  The Book Thief: Do I even need to explain myself?  But if you haven't read this one yet, trust me you are missing out so go and read it.

19063

2. Me Before You: If a book makes you cry then it makes it into your favorite list and this makes book number two after The Book Thief.  

15507958

3. Eve: This trilogy got better book after book and I couldn't believe how long it had taken me to read it.  Totally recommend it.

11345832

4. The Book of Ivy: I didn't read lots of dystopian books this year but Oh Man this one?  It was so freaking amazing and it made me realize that yes I still love me some dystopian books and there are some real beauties still out there.  And it was only a duology.

20640755

5. Clockwork Angel: Picking the first book of this trilogy because it was the one that made me fall in love with it.  This trilogy is one of my favorites of all time.

7171637

6. Anna and the French Kiss: Ah, one of the best contemporaries out there for sure.  I love, love this book and their companions too.

 17453983

7. The Traitor Baru Cormorant: This book was totally out of my comfort zone but man did I love it, so many twist and the end?  I still cannot get the end of this book out of my head.  Seth Dickinson you killed me.

25600228

8. Ink and Bone: Sometimes I request books out of NetGalley because they sound so interesting and then I forget all about them and then when I read them I fall all over it.  And Ink and Bone is one of them.  I actually have read the two books out and cannot, cannot wait for the third book coming out this year. YEAH!!!

20643052

9. A Court of Mist and Fury: I'm sure you have heard so many people talking about this book so I'm only going to say that yes they are right, this book is amazing and that you should start this series if you haven't already.

17927395

10. Broken Prince: This is the second book of a trilogy, I did like the first book and it ended on such a cliffhanger that I had to get this one right away but I loved this one even more.  Great young adult contemporary, very sexy too.

29519514

11. The Wrath and the Dawn: I freaking loved everything about this book, the setting, the characters, the side characters, I mean EVERYTHING.  This is a book that I see myself rereading again and again.  Did I say how much I love this book yet?  

29934801

12. It Ends With Us: New Colleen Hoover book and I new I was going to love it but the meaning behind this book?  It was even better and made me love it even more.  Read it guys, read it.

27362503

13. Ruby Red: Favorite series this year? This one right here, I read books 1-3 and I just couldn't contain myself while reading it, I loved it so, so, so much :)

8835379

14. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: Loved the book and I gotta say, even though they changed a few main things in the movie, it was one of my favorite book to movie adaptions.  

9460487

15.The Giver: Totally enjoyed it, another dystopian and another winner.  And most importantly, I read it while my son was reading it for son and it was so great to be able to help him out and discuss the same book!!! Winner.

3636

16. Salt to the Sea: I finished this book and it was in my head for days and days, that's how much I loved it.  And how I recommend it.  I want a movie out of it, please???

25614492

17. And adding one more because I can't leave this one one: Saven Denial part of the Saven series which I'm loving it.  Do you love some alien books?  Then the Saven series is for you, I ended up picking up Saven Denial as one of my favorite so far because it explains so much and yes it's a novella, but a MUST read novella because you cannot continue the series without reading this one.  Now, I need to go and read the next book...

26800927

What were your favorite books of 2016?  Anything from this list?

Did you reach your 2016 reading challenge goal?  I don't think I even mention but I did, I wanted to read 100 and I ended up reading 105.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment