Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

2017 Reading Challenge, Goals and More

2016 is over, 2017 is here and it's time to talk about reading challenge and goals for this year.

My 2017 reading goal is to read 100 books again, I know that for the last two years I have read over 100 books but in the back of my mind I'm afraid that if I increase my reading goal I will totally fail, so...I will keep it at 100, it's a good number, right?

Some of the goals that I have for this year is to read more different genres, I have moved out of Dystopian a little and I was afraid that I would not enjoy the other genres as much but I surprised myself.  I have read more fantasy last year and I loved it.  This year I want to continue to read more fantasy books but also explore other genres as well, I read a couple mystery books and I want to read more of that too, I also want to get to science fiction genre more and another one that I want to read more is historical fiction.  Okay, that's plenty of different genres and that means lots of books to read.

Another goal for me this year to complete a lot of the series that I have started and haven't finish it yet.  And I have a lot of them to finish it, I had a list and scared the crap out of myself lol.  I also have a few series that I have been meaning to start and that are completed already or the last book is getting published this year so it's about time I get to it.

And my final goal is to read books that are on my shelves or in my kindle first before buying new ones...let's hope it works :)

And finally, I haven't done a January TBR but I have read a couple books yet and here is a couple more that I'm planning to read:

Wild by Cheryl Strayed: read

13367541


Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco: read

28962906

The Hidden Prince by Jodi Meadows: read

22909758


The Glowing Knight by Jodi Meadows: read

22909806


The Burning Hand by Jodi Meadows 

22909812

The Black Knife by Jodi Meadows

22909818

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini: currently Reading

77203

Amulet: The Last Council by Kazu Kibuishi

10537195

Amulet: Prince of the Elves by Kazu Kibuishi

13436384


That's all I can think of right now, we will see how the rest of the month goes and what else I get to read.  I'm happy if I get to read the 2 Graphic Novels because I want to read more GN this year too and by reading the 4 novellas above I will truly complete the The Orphan Queen series.

What are your reading goals for this year?  And what are you reading to start the year with?

XOXO,

Nelia 



No comments:

Post a Comment