Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Book Review: The Giver by Lois Lowry

I knew I had to read this book in 2016 and I'm so glad that I did and I even watched the movie too.  And with only 180 pages it was an easy and quick read...let's get to review?  Yes, let's do it.

The Giver by Lois Lowry

3636

Jonas lives in a community where everyone has chosen sameness.  What is sameness?  Sameness is a world of colorless, conformity and contentment.  You don't get to choose your family, job, pretty much nothing, everything is chosen for you and you are just happy that way.  Jonas is happy too, that is until he is given his life assignment, the job of Receiver of Memory.  There is only one in the community and while getting training by the Giver (the previous Receiver), Jonas begins to understand the dark, complex secrets behind his community.  And he wants more...

This book was the kind of book that I was craving and I was content and happy when I ended it.  Jonas character development was amazing, Lois Lowry did an amazing job with character development as well as world building.  One of the things with a Receiver of Memory is describing a memory and a memory can be a feeling or a thing and it was described amazingly well.

5 out of 5 stars and I totally recommend this book to anyone from middle Grade to whatever age you are right now.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment