Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Book Review: The Great Gatsby By F. Scott Fitzgerald

2016 has been a really great reading year, and one of my goals was to read more classics and I have been doing good, not great or amazing on that department but good.  And the book that I'm review next is a classic, one that I knew for sure that I was going to read and it was a small book so I knew that I was going to read this one and I'm glad that I did.  I didn't even remember reading this one at school, did I read it?  I have no idea, so I am really glad that I read it and know The Great Gatsby story, so let's get to it:


The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

19304822

Jay Gatsby was a self-made millionaire who gave wild and lavish parties and those parties was attended by strangers.  And he was in love with the golden girl of a gilded era.

She was Daisy Buchanan, a young rich beauty with bright eyes and a passionate mouth.

But she was already married, even though her husband wasn't the most trustful one either.

In this novel set in the Twenties you will learn how the riches lived, how love was during that time and how marriage life was too.  How different everything was and how money played a roll on everything.

Gatsby was a man loved by many because of his lavish parties but when the main event happened?  You will then understand that how alone you can be at the end too.

The story is not told by Gatsby's perspective, it's actually told by Daisy's cousin's perspective and I it was really interesting at first but then you start to understand why it was told by him, you got to see how everyone around him acts.

I gave this book a 3.75 stars out of 5, I liked it and enjoyed reading but I admit there were some times that I just wanted it to finish it and see what the point of the whole book was about it.  But once we got there it was good.

Do I recommend it?  Of course, everyone should read it.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment