Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Book Review: The Flame and the Arrow by Emigh Cannaday

Guess what I'm back with?  If you said another book review, you are absolutely right, let's do this?  Okay, let's do it:

The Flame and the Arrow by Emigh Cannaday

29774760

Annika Brisby thinks she knows where her life is going until she steps through a broken portal that leaves her stranded in a realm of fairies, vampires, and other mythical beings.  Unable to return until it's repaired, she's rescued by wood nymphs who believe her sudden arrival is no accident.  After being taken in by a family of elves, Annika finds herself unable resist the seductive spell of their youngest son, Talvi.  He might be the perfect distraction for her homesickness.  Her friends warn her that she'll probably regret laying eyes on him, but what began as a casual fling quickly burn too hot to handle.  On the journey home she discovers that there's a mountain of secrets that he's not telling her, and Annika can't help wondering who's really in danger.

This book had so many promises and don't get me wrong I did enjoy reading it most of the time, but I felt that it was dragged out too long?  While Annika was stranded and trying to get back it was a little bit boring at times and it felt like nothing was happening until the action actually happened.  But when there were things happening the book was interesting and I did enjoyed it.

I never take too long reading a book but I took me forever to finish this one and I wish it didn't it. The end of the book was great and it kind of left me wanting to read the next one but at the same time I'm afraid that the next book is the same thing as the first and I will just not read it.   Let me know if you have read the next one and tell me if I should continue with this series.

I ended up giving this book 3.5 stars out of 5.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment