Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Book Review: Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

Okay, let me take a deep breath...alright, I think I'm ready now to review this book.  Why the deep breath?  Because this book broke my heart but it also became one of my favorites of this year for sure.  I love it, Morgan Matson has become one of my favorite authors for sure...let's review it.


Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

12307985

Taylor Edward's family is not the closest family around-everyone is a little too busy and overschedule- but for the most part, they all get along just fine.  But then Taylor's dad gets devastating news and her parents decide that the family will spend one last summer together at their old lake house in the Pocono Mountains.

When they get to the lake house and realize how small and rustic everything is there, they begin to get to know each other all over again.  And Taylor discovers that the people she thought she had left behind haven't actually gone anywhere.  Her former best friend is still around, as is her first boyfriend...and he is way much cuter now than he was back then when he was twelve years old.

As the summer progresses the Edwards become more of family, but they also realize that they are on a ticking clock.  Sometimes, there is just enough times for second chances with family, friends and love.

This book, I don't know where to start...with the happy stuff?  Taylor finding her old best friend and mending that friendship?  Yeah...don't think it was easy but it was nice to see Taylor getting to mend that and getting a second chance with her old best friend and sometimes you lose friends when you shouldn't.

Love,  Taylor and finding her first love and reconnecting with him?  That was everything and more and the way he supported her?  Their relationship was more than love, it was friendship, love and everything in between, perfect.

Family...family isn't easy and we get busy sometimes and when we get busy we just fall apart just like the Edwards.  Seeing all the kids reconnect and support each other?  That's what brother and sisters are for...Her mom?  She was amazing and so easy going and and and...I feel for her still.  But her dad?  You need to read to find out about him, but I'm going to say something, he is a rock star...

I have favorite scenes from this book engraved on my mind...especially the night of the falling stars (I can still remember all about it and cry about it too, thank you Morgan Matson).  I hadn't cried with a book in a while and OH Man, this book made me cry so much, like ugly cry so Morgan you did an amazing job just for making me cry.

I just have one more thing to say: 5 out of 5 stars!!!!

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment