Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Book Review: The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel

I think that I'm getting into my blogging schedule, finally!!! It's Tuesday and I'm back with another book review, today's review is the second and last book of a duology that I loved reading this year.  I'm discovering duologies this year and loving them too :)

If you haven't read the first book yet, I have done a review for it and you can get an idea what it is about but (The Book of Ivy) I promise you that you will love it, well if you like dystopian YA books that is lol.

Let's get to today's review but first as always if you haven't read the first one, it will contain some spoilers especially how the first book ended but as the review goes I stay away from spoiling it:

The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel

23198876

Ivy is beyond the fence and she is realizing now that she is all alone for the first time.  She was abandoned by her family and separated from Bishop, her husband and now she must find a way to survive on her own in a land unknown to her and filled with dangers, both human and natural.

At first Ivy doesn't know what to expect of this new land and even though she does encounter danger she also finds hope and a new way of life, something that she didn't think it was possible.  And then Bishop reappears in Ivy's life and she must decide if returning to Westfall to take a final stand for what she believes is right is worth losing everything she's fought for.

I really loved the first book and I really enjoyed this book, but I felt like things went a little too quick, you know?  I wanted more, more fighting, more planning, more and more of something.  And don't get me wrong it did ended on a good note and things got resolved pretty good, but maybe it was just me that wanted more?  I really enjoyed knowing what was outside the fence and wanted to know what else was out there and Ivy didn't spend that much time there, or Bishop.  But in the very end of the book we do get a little peek at what Ivy and Bishop decided to do with their lives and I couldn't be happier and it kind of made up for the rush of the book.

Overall I loved and totally recommend these books to everyone. I ended up giving this book 5 out of 5 stars because I love Ivy and Bishop and the whole world too.  So, have you pick the first book out yet?  If not, what are you waiting for?

XOXO,

Nelia


No comments:

Post a Comment