Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Book Review: Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine

I'm back, I was on vacation the last week and to tell you the truth I just couldn't do anything else.  My parents are away and I had to get the kids ready for school and try to still keep them busy and enjoy the summer and I was still kind of working.  It was an exhausting week, I need a vacation from this vacation...you know what I mean?  But, I'm back today with to review another book and reviewing the second book in a series that I'm totally obsessed over and cannot wait for the next one to come out.  I don't even know if this series will have 3 or more books but I wouldn't mind if the author writes more books, I just looove this story.  Okay, okay, let's get to the book and the review.  But first and foremost, if you haven't read the first book this will contain spoilers so please read the first one book first.  And you can also check out my review of it here: Ink and Bone.

Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine

Image result for paper and fire by rachel caine amazon

Jess is back and after surviving the introduction to the world of the Library, he is now serving its army and it's nothing like he envisioned.   His life is at risk and he knows that it's not only his life that lives in the line of death, the ones that he cares the most have also been altered forever.  His best friend is presumed dead (lost), Morgan (the girl he loves) is locked away in the Iron Tower and doomed to a life apart.

But he is not willing to sit back and do what the Library says, he is going on a mission to save one of their own and at first he wants to go by himself but his friends doesn't allow him to do it and at the end they all go together.  But being cautious isn't even enough with the Library, it seams like they have eyes everywhere and one wrong move and they are all dead.  Hunted by the deadly automata in Alexandria, Jess and his friends find themselves fleeing Alexandria and going all the way to London.

While in London, Jess finds out that is home is not safe anymore, the Welsh army is coming and London is burning and Jess is going to have to make a choice soon between friends, family and the Library.

Alright, let's talk about this book; Jess...ah Jess, he is the same guy as the first book, wait, I think he is even better in this book.  He took some risks in the first book, but in this book?  He the risks he took?  Oh my, he had my heart going a hundred miles an hour, but I freaking loved it.  He is everything you want a main character to be, loyal, friendly and not afraid to take risks of course lol.  And can we take a minute to talk about the side characters?  Some of them were on fire this book,  I loved how much Dario changed, for the better of course.  And these two guys hated each other in the first book and now they are working together to save a friend, how amazing.  And Khalia?  She changed so much too, she was quiet and I never thought she would do the things that she did in this book, she totally rocked.  Glain?  She was already a badass in the first book, but on this one she just proved that she can be anything she sets her mind to.  Wolf and General Santi, those two, oh my, I really, really like them and I just love how these two adults are always there to support and help them.  Ah, Morgan...not only what she can do is amazing but the way she fights to survive is amazing and I really love to see her and Jess together.  Totally rooting for those two.

Okay, I think I'm going to stop talking about the characters for now but I hope I convinced you to read the book because you can see that it's not only about two characters falling in love, nope this book is a lot more than that.  This book one of the greatest story line ever (a world where books are prohibited? and the Library controls it) and where friendship plays the main role, but if you want some romance, don't worry because we get that too, just the right amount.

I just want to mention the writing because I really think Rachel Caine is going a great job writing these books, the first book was great and this one was even better and now I cannot wait to see what the third book will be like.  And I only have to say what rating I gave this book and of course I gave it 5 out of 5 stars :)

Have you read the first book yet?  What about this one?  If not please do it and let me know what you guys think.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment