Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Book Review: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Oh, guess what I'm back with?  Second book of TID trilogy, and I'm not going to spend to much time talking about it so let's just jump to the review...wait, let me leave you a link for the first book's review: Clockwork Angel, where I spent most of the review gushing about all the characters and everything in between, yep pretty much :)

Okay, time for the review:

SPOILERS if you haven't read the first book.

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

11390052

Tessa has found safety with the Shadowhunters but that safety may come to an end, because someone in the Cave is plotting to have her protector, Charlotte, the head of the London Institute replaced.  If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out in the streets and an easy prey for the mysterious Magister who wants to use Tessa's powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of Will and Jem, Tessa finds out that the Magister's war against the Shadowhunters is personal, he blames all Shadowhunters for a long-time tragedy that happen to him and his family, destroying his life.  Tessa, Will and Jem travel to Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, in order to find out more about the secrets of the past.  But what Tessa didn't think was that in this trip she would also find out about her parentage too.

When a clockwork demon brings a warning to Will from the Magister himself, the Shadowhunters realize that someone of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa also finds herself been drawn more to Jem, even though she longs for Will.  But Will is changing, everybody is changing including Jem and Tessa and no one knows what to do.  Could finding the Magister free Will and bring Tessa the answers that she seeks about her family and her powers?

I still loved this book, loved, Tessa, Will and Jem but I, myself was confused at times between Will and Jem and I'm not going to lie.  Will has had a very special place in my heard since book 1 and I think I'm team Will all the way, don't kill me :)  Also, I felt like this book focused more on the fight with Magister and the clockwork creatures and there is a lot going on and it was nice getting a lot of the Magister's past and the Shadowhunters too.  They did a lot of creepy stuff back in the day, right?

Of course, I would love more Tessa, Will and Jem time and I know we will get it.  I ended up giving 4.25 stars out of 5.

XOXO,

Nelia


No comments:

Post a Comment