Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Book Review: Saven Deception by Siobhan Davis

Ah, I'm wicked lazy and tired today and nervous.  Why? I'm getting another round of Trigger Point Injections in my head again tomorrow and even though I know that I get relieve in my headaches from them I still dread them.  So, today I'm freaking out and I will be all day like this and will need lots of distractions and this is a good one, right?  I'm going to seat right here and write a book review, a review from a book that I just finished last night and yes, I know usually I do reviews from books that I have finished months ago but this book was really book and I just want to talk about it already and I'm freaking out today so I can do it lol.  And I'm babbled enough so we are going to get to the review now...


Saven Deception by Siobhan Davis

Saven Deception (Saven #1)

Sadie is our main character and she hates her life, the only person she can depend is herself and when she dreams of leaving her current life.  So, when her corrupt government comes up with a new social experiment she signs up for it, because she just wants to get away from the miserable life she currently has.  When she gets chosen to participate in the experiment she couldn't be more happy to spend six months in Thalassic City, the shiny new city under the sea. 

During the trial Sadie immediately feels drawn to Logan Chandler, the hot boy with the blue eyes and there is just something that draws her to him no matter what she does to avoid it.  Logan is promised to be what Sadie needs in this experiment, but he isn't all he appears to be but will she be able to handle the truth?

When her best friend Jenna starts to act weird and transform into someone else right in front of her eyes, Sadie stars to become nervous and intrigued about what really is going on in Thalassic City.  Together with newcomer Jarod they start to investigate the true agenda of their government but the truth isn't what she was expecting and is more shocking than anything she could have imagined.

When Sadie comes to terms about the Savens will it be too late to save her heart and the human race?

This book? OMG, expect lots of romance and let me tell you; Siobhan Davis knows how to write just the write amount of romance on her books, you just don't get tired of the romance, you actually start craving for more of it lol.   But don't think that it was all about romance, no because there is more to it, aliens?  What?  Yes, the book is about Aliens walking among us and I'm hooked now and I want to read the other books because I want to know what is going to happen next because the end of this book ended on a very good cliffhanger AH.  Side characters?  Haydn is amazing and I hope to see lots of him in the next book.  Neve?  I really think she is going to be Sadie's BFF and I really think she is a badass.  Jarod?  I hope he remains to be just friends with Sadie because that's the reason I really like him a lot.  Dante?  I just want to kill him already, can one of them do it already?  Ah, what a freaking @#U#!& guy.
And of course there is more going on, and I don't want to spoil the book but be ready for governments been dumb a..es again and there are rebel groups involved and I cannot wait to find out what Sadie is going to choose to do in the next book.  Overall I gave this book 4.5 stars and I'm just ready for the next book.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment