Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2016

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

Oh this was my very first book by Patrick Ness and I'm really, really happy that I picked and started with this one.  It was an amazing read I truly enjoyed reading it.  Ah...let's review it:

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

A Monster Calls

Conor has been having the same nightmare for a while, ever since his mom started her treatments.  And in it there is this monster but when a monster shows up after midnight the monster is nothing what Conor was expecting.  This monster is different, he feels ancient and wild and he wants the most dangerous thing of all from Conor; it wants the truth.

Conor isn't afraid of the monster but he is afraid of what the monster wants and he monster isn't going away until Conor is ready to it to him so the monster tells Conor that he will tell Conor some stories and after a certain number of stories Conor will be ready to tell him the truth.  Conor doesn't think that will happen and he will never tell the monster that kind of truth because he isn't ready now and he will never be ready for that truth.

Will Conor or the monster win?  Well, you just have to read to find out. No spoilers from me but let me tell you something, I went blind to this book and if you don't know yet what this book is about, then don't let yourself get spoiled.  The cover and the title doesn't do justice to what the book is about and the book isn't even that long, it's less than 200 pages so it's such a quick read and the story is lovely and heartbreaking, I will give you that but a great lesson for kids and adults out there.

I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars and if you have read it yet please do it because you will love it and at least appreciate the story.  Now I cannot wait to read another Patrick Ness book; which one to read next????

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment