Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Book Review: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

It's time for another book review and time to review another book of The Mortal Instruments Series, I'm slowly moving along this series.  It's not that I don't like because OMG I really, really love and enjoy it so I think that I just don't want it to end it, you know what I mean, right?  Okay, let's get to this one's review:

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare


Clary has to travel to the City of Glass, which is the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters, but she has not choice, she needs to go there in order to save her mother's life.  But, going there without permission is also against the law and breaking such Law could mean death.  Ah, what can a girl do?  Things cannot get any worse, she finds out that Jace doesn't want her there either and that her best friend, Simon, has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, because they are wicked suspicious of a vampire who can walk in plain daylight.  Yeah, things are just going downhill so she has no choice but going to the City of Glass and try to save not only her mother's life but her friend's too.

While Clary is there she starts to uncover more and more about her family's past than she was expecting and she finds an ally in the mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian, especially after Jace and the others refuse helping her.  But can she fully trust Sebastian?

Valentine is back and he is mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever and all the Shadowhunters soon find out that the only way to defeat him is to ally and fight alongside their eternal enemies.  But will Shadowhunters and Downworlders be able to work together?

How much is Clary and Jace willing to sacrifice for this fight?  And we finally get to learn more about their past in this book that once I was done reading it?  I was so happy and content, I totally gave this book 5 out of 5 stars, it was the best so far in the series and maybe the reason that I haven't been in the rush to start the next one?  I will read the remaining 3 books, I promise, but this book was amazing to totally recommend it.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment