Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Book Review: The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

I'm back with another review, I feel like I haven't done one in a while, is it me?  I don't know...let's just get to it?  Yeah, let's do it.

And today I'm bringing a book that I read the beginning of this year, I remember reading this book as an ebook first as I got from my elibray and then it my loan ended it when I was like half way through it and OMG, I went days and days thinking about this book, I ended up going to my library to pick up a physical copy but they didn't have it.  Then, I went to my Used Book store and they didn't have a copy of it, it was torture, finally I was grocery shopping one day and it was just there, looking at me, so of course I bought it and read the rest of the book in a couple days.  Here is the book that I'm talking about and my review:

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


Cassie is on the run, she is running away from them.  Who is them?  They are the beings who may look like humans but are not and they have taken over earth.  How?  Well, there was the 1st Wave where only darkness remained.  And then there was the 2nd Wave, where only the lucky escaped.  There was also the 3rd Wave, were only the unlucky survived and after the 4th Wave only one rule applies: trust no one.

The 5th Wave is coming and Cassie is running from Them, they are roaming the countryside and killing anyone they see.  Cassie believes to in order to survive she must stay alone and trust no one as you don't know who is who anymore, that is until she meets Evan Walker.  He comes when she is most vulnerable, when she is hurt and needs help and he helps her, at first she isn't sure about him, can she really trust Evan?  But at the same time, he is the only hope and only person that can help her getting her little brother back.  It looks like Evan knows how to get her brother back and even how to help herself from her own thoughts, will she trust him?  Can she trust him?  Is Evan who he says he is?

Cassie will go through life and death situations on this book more than once and you will also get to meet the Others and get to know more side characters who you will root for.   Overall, I enjoyed this book, it wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be but I enjoyed and I'm looking forward to reading the next book and to watch the movie too.  I ended up giving it 4 out of 5 stars and I do recommend it if you like a book with mystery in it and of course dystopian books.

And that will do it for today.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment