Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Book Review: The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski

Well, hello to another Book Review and today we are going to review another great book that has had a lot of hype on Booktube, here let's get to the review:

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski


Kestrel is 17 years old and she is the general's daughter in an empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers.  But Kestrel doesn't have must choice either, her father has given her only 2 choices: get married or join the military.  But Kestrel has other intentions.

Then one day while she is out; she finds herself in the middle of an auction and ends up buying a kindred spirit slave, Arin.  Kestrel buys him and soon finds herself falling in love for Arin.

But Arin has a secret, one that Kestrel will learn that the price that she paid for him is much higher than she ever imagined.  She couldn't ever imagine what Arin was hiding, never mind what he was planning.

In this book you not only find a crazy love story, but also deadly games, war, lots and lots of action and twists that you never saw it coming.  I really enjoyed this book, the beginning took me a little bit to get used to it but it really started to pick up and once it did I was lost in it and once it was done?  It left me wanting more.

I gave this book 4 out of 5 starts, the writing was different and I really enjoyed it, I can't wait to read the second book, the third one is coming out really soon, so I can't wait to just get to the second one and read them probably back to back.  Do I recommend it? Absolutely!

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment