Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Book Review: Slammed by Colleen Hoover

I'm back with another book review and I'm back with another Colleen Hoover book (oh well).  Let's get started?  Ok let's do this.

Slammed by Colleen Hoover


Layken is 18 years old and after her father's unexpected death her month forces her and her little brother to move from her childhood state and home to a totally different cold state.  She has also become the rock for both her mom and her brother, but inside?  She is losing hope.

Then there is Will Cooper, he is the 21 year old neighbor who is passionate about slam poetry and a contagious sense of humor.  Within days of meeting each other, Will and Layken form this connection that gave Layken hope, hope for a future.

But of course things don't always go as planned and not long after their first date a shocking revelation forces them to stop their relationship before things get out of hands.  But daily interactions and their little brother becoming best friends are making everything harder and painful; because while their secret keeps them apart their feelings pulls them together.

I really enjoyed this book, it was different from her latest books that I have been reading but her writing is the same one, the one that pulls you in from the beginning.  I loved the poetry part of this book, that was a plus and everything there was a new poem I was so happy and dying to see what it was going to be.

I gave a 4 out of 5 stars, once I was done I wanted more answers, there were just too many things left answered and I know there were other books but...I just wanted a little more in this book, do you know what I mean?  Totally recommend it of course.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment