Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Book Review: The Martian by Andy Weir

Today I'm doing a book review on my favorite book of 2015 and I think this book may be a favorite of many people, am I right?  Let's check it out?

The Martian by Andy Weir

18007564

This book follows our main character Mark Watney, Mark is an astronaut (almost every little kids' dream, right?)  well he is in Mars doing a mission when things went down south.  Mark and his team find themselves in the a middle of a dust storm, a storm so bad that forces his crew to evacuate the planet, which doesn't seem so bad, the only bad part is that the dust storm nearly kills Mark and his teammates think that he is dead and cannot locate him and because of that they left him behind while evacuating Mars.  Mark finds himself stranded on Mars', completely alone; with no way to communicate with Earth to let them know that he is alive and the worst of all is that his supplies would be gone years before a rescue could arrive to save him.

He starts to think that he doesn't have a chance, first of all he won't have time and will starve to death and let's not start with the machinery and the lovely environment in Mars is not that friendly that's for sure.  However Mark is not ready to quit on himself and he starts to think of ways to survive and he somehow figures it out.

This book was amazing, the first 100 pages you don't get too much action and you just read about Mark trying to find ways to survive but after that things just starts to pick up and Mark is just so freaking funny, I don't remember ever reading so much about one single guy and laughing out loud A LOT, that's how funny he was.

If you haven't read this book, what are you waiting for?  You need to do it right now and there is a movie about it, I read the book first and then watched the movie and the movie was pretty damn good too.  There were parts that were missing from the book that I wished were in the movie but overall it was a really great movie, and I mean Matt Damon was portraying Mark, so...I will it at that :)

Of course I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars and LOVED the writing.  I'm not going into any more details because you just need to read it and be surprised by the funny parts and the science parts (loved those too).  And I think I'm done gushing about this book, wait one more time, I LOVE IT. lol

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment