Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Book Review: The Kiss of Deception by Mary E Pearson

It's time for another book review and time for some royalty, ah but if you are expecting your typical royalty stuff you will be disappointed.  This book is the opposite of that and for that I think you will love it, that is if you love so badass girl character...let's that a look?

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E Pearson


Lia is a Princess, she is the First Daughter of the House of Morrighan and because of that she has some obligations and traditions to abide to.  One of those obligations and traditions is: she is to be married (without even meeting her future husband once) to secure a political alliance.  And she just cannot do that and on her wedding day she flees...she also steals ancient documents from the Chancellor's secret collection.

She takes her maid and good friend with her and both of them settle on a distant village.  She is more than ready for a new life as a common person, she doesn't tell anyone who she is and starts living a life that she had dreamed for long.  One day two mysterious and really hot strangers arrive on the village (she has no clue that one of them is the prince that she was to be married to and the other an assassin sent to kill her), she starts to get close to both of them and feelings and secrets start to unravel and she really isn't ready for it yet.

One of the things that I enjoyed about this book was not knowing for a while who the Prince or the Assassin was and getting to know both of them at the same time and also seeing Lia fall for each of them.  This way you can't really form a negative opinion about one or the other, right?  I can't really tell you much about what happens in this book, but expect a lot of action and deception for sure.  And I'm not going to tell who is gell for because that would totally ruin the book for sure.  The world building was great, whenever I was reading it, I felt like I was right there with the characters and the way the place was described?  OMG, I felt like I was walking on those streets at the same time...amazing writing.

And the characters?  Loved, loved them; Lia was amazing, totally connected with her and the same with all the others, the prince, the assassin?  OMG swooning over here lol.

So, if you haven't read this book yet, what are you waiting for?  I'm always a little afraid of fantasy but after reading The Queen of the Tearling and The kiss of Deception I am SO ready to dive in to this world of fantasy more and more.  And to finish my review of this book I just have to tell you guys that I gave this book 5 out of 5 starts.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment