Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Book Review: Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

Who's ready for another Book Review? Let's get this show rolling, shall we?  Alright, I'm actually excited about this book review, because after reading FanGirl by Rainbow Rowell and not falling head over hills over it like so many people did, I wasn't sure if I would be a Rainbow Rowell fan.  BUT, I gave it another try and read this book and OMG, I LOVE IT...without further due:

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell


Eleanor is not your typical girl, she has red hair and wears totally the wrong clothes, but for Park she is everything he wants and he will do anything to be with her.

Park is your typical boy, he has friends, a good family and Eleanor has no clue what he saw on her, but she is the happiest when she is with him and she will not change anything about it.

This book is about two sixteen year old during one school year who fall for each other, but they also are smart enough to know that first loves almost never lasts and they also are brave and desperate to try to beat the odds.

Eleanor doesn't have a normal life inside school or outside for that matter, her family?  She doesn't have a normal one, she actually would like to not introduce anyone to her family, especially her stepfather.  When Eleanor and Park start talking and falling in love, she tries to keep their relationship as far away from her life at home as possible, but things never go to plan, right?

Spoiler:

Park has a great family and school is not so bad for him, so when he starts to fall for Eleanor he doesn't mind to bring her over his house and at first things are not what he thought they would be like, but with time his family start to see what Eleanor is really like, or at least what her life must be like.

Then one day things just explode and Park has to make the hardest decision ever, but the best the decision for Eleanor and he doesn't think twice about it.  Eleanor never thought that would happen to her and when it did, she doesn't think twice about leaving and asking Park for his help.  Eleanor does what is best for her for once in her life, even if that will cost her first love.

Park and Eleanor is such an amazing first love story, it was such a breath of fresh air.  I love it so much that once I was done reading, I wanted to re read it again and there are books that I truly love, but once I'm done, I'm done.  But Eleanor and Park?  OMG, I think that maybe the only book I want to re read.  Guess how many stars I gave?  5 out of 5 of course and if you haven't read this one, I SO totally recommend it.  Rainbow Rowell, I'm in and ready to read more of your books :)

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment