Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

February 2016 Wrap Up

Can you believe it's the end of February?  Yeah, me either, but that also means next month is March and that means SPRING!!!! Warmer weather, flowers will start to bloom...AH I can't wait.

But anyway, let's get back to today's post and to the list of books I read in February...let's go???

February 2015 Wrap Up

1. November 9 by Colleen Hoover: 4 stars


So, I really enjoyed reading this book until I got to the twist and I just wasn't sure I how felt about it and I'm still not sure.  I will talk about it more on my review.  But am I the only one?  But I still love the love story and the writing, of course.

2. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton: 4 stars


Okay, my son was reading this for his 7th grade English class and I just had to read this.  And it was just as good and middle school and I got to help on his English problem without a problem because I had just finished reading.  And it only took me like 3 hours to read the whole book. lol

3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: 5 stars



OMG, WHY didn't I read this book earlier?  It was just seating on my bookshelf for years, it was amazing, I laughed, I cried and did I said that I cried?  Yeah, AMAZING, if you haven't read, just do it.

4. Salem's Fury by Aaron Galvin: 5 stars


Aaron Galving was just too kind and sent me his 2nd and 3rd book on his Salem's Vengeance Trilogy and I had promised myself that this month I was going to just this book and I did read this one and it was SOOO good, better than the first one and it is rare for that too happen.  His books are raw and if you want a book where romance is not the top priority but family and your community is, then this is the book for you.

5. Salem's Legacy by Aaron Galvin: 4 stars


And like I said, I was only going to read Salem's Fury but that one ended leaving you craving for more so I had to pick this one up.  This one wasn't as amazing as the second one but it still was pretty damn good and this trilogy was just amazing and if you are craving a good book about a twist on witch craft, these are the books for you.

6. Eve by Anna Carey: 5 stars


This is another trilogy that I have had in my bookshelf forever so it was time to start reading and I loved the first book and cannot wait to continue with it next month.

7. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes: 5 stars


Alright, I watched the trailer for the movie and I knew I had to pick up the book and read it before the movie was out and OMG, my heart is still broken and has all these feelings.  It was a really great and amazing book.

8. Saga Volume 1 by Brian k. Vaugham: 5 stars


I have heard nothing but great things about Saga and while I was at Barnes and Nobles a couple weekends ago, I just picked up Volume 1 and this past weekend I needed a quick read and picked it up and Holly Molly...the hype?  It is all true, not for kids at all, but if you are of age you need to pick it up, it is amazing and now I need to get the remaining of the Volumes.

9. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins: 3 stars



I started reading this one Friday night and I picked this one because it has been compared to Gone Girl and even though I don't read Thrillers a lot I LOVED Gone Girl and I needed something different from what I usual read.  I'm a little over half way through the book and I will be done with it tonight and it isn't definitely what I thought it would be and I'm a little disappointed.  I will get more of it on my review but I'm going to give 3 stars unless the book really changes on the last half. Anyways...

February was a really great reading month for me, 9 books total and I loved most of them. 

What books did you read this month?  And which books do you recommend?

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment