Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2016

January TBR and 2016 Reading Goals

Now that we are officially in 2016 it's time to set some reading goals and get our January TBR out, right?  To tell you the truth I wasn't ready until...probably about now, well at least with my January TBR.  My 2016 Reading Goals, I think I got that one ready on the last day of 2015 and I'm going to start with that...

On 2015 I read over 100, 104 to be exact, I really think I could have read more if I didn't get on a reading slump on the last two weeks of the year (perfect time for that lol), so because I read over 100 books last year, right there and then I decided that on 2016 I wanted to read again 100 or more!!! See, that was an easy decision, now I'm just hoping that everything will work out fine...

Now for my TBR; just because I want to read 100 this year doesn't mean I'm going to put 10 books on my reading list right away, so I'm going to start with a few books that I know for sure that I want to read and then if I finish them, I will just pick up some more; here is what I have so far:

1. This Girl by Colleen Hoover: this is the final and third book in the Slammed trilogy and I wasn't even sure I wanted to read this one because the second book was the one that gave me the reading slump last month but I just need to finish this trilogy and be done with it.


2. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey: This may be another reason I was one a reading slump last month, I was about 200 pages about to finish this book when my elibrary book time finished and when I went to renew it there was like 20 people in front of me, I went to my library and there was none there and I went for like 2 weeks going crazy wanting to know what was going to happen until Christmas week when I went to one of my groceries stores and saw this book looking at me and I was like: Screw it, I'm buying, and I did buy it but I haven't read it yet.  What is wrong with me???  No worries, I'm going to fix that this month and finish it.


3. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare: No excuses, this book keeps coming back into my TBR and isn't not getting read, I don't care, after I finished the two above I'm diving right into, especially with the series coming out in a couple weeks!!! :)


4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: When I was looking at my books and deciding which ones I had to read this year, I felt horrible that I haven't read this one, I have it for years...so this is the month that is going to get read and I'm doing the movie with the kids.


That's all I'm adding to my January TBR and looking at it, it's a really nice mix TBR to start the year, Dystopian, Historical, Fantasy, Contemporay...I like it.

What are your plans for this year?  And what are you reading for the first month of 2016?

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment