Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Book Review: True Calling by Siobhan Davis

Hello everybody!!! I'm going to confess something, I have been wicked LAZY since the new year and I this time I'm going to blame my husband.  Why?  You may ask, well he found this really interesting, cool video about sailing around the world on YouTube and now we have been watching non stop these videos.  We have watched some many of them that we are now following about 4 different crews sailing around the world, yeah we are crazy.  Anyway...back to today's post, I'm finally back and today I'm doing a long overdue book review, so without further due:

True Calling by Siobhan Davis


Ariana Skyee is a pretty happy girl, Planet Novo has everything that was promised to her and it's a her new home in Space.  Yeah, you heard that right, Ariana lives in space, after Earth was pretty much going downhill some people had the luck to escape Earth and go live in Planet Novo, Ariana and her family were some of the those people.  And she couldn't be happier, well that is under the authorities decided to introduce "The Calling" as their way to repopulation.  Now, all seventeen-year-olds are to participate in this Bachelor-style pageant and find their match, marry and have children.

But Ariana's worries don't just end there, when everyone came to Novo, the government made everyone go through a memory erase section, but something must have gone somewhat wrong with hers, because she keeps having these live dreams of this mystery boy.  He haunts her dreams, but is it just dreams?  Things just seems to be more than they are.

And then the pageant starts, and her feelings for Cadent Cal Remus intensifies, soon they start to realize that not everything about their new home is as it seems.  Ariana sets out to find out the truth, but who can she trust, Cal isn't trustworthy or at least he doesn't seem just yet.  Ariana feels at lost for sure, but her search for the truth comes at a high personal price, one that she never saw it coming and with devastating consequences. 

This book, I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy it as much as I did, but guess what?  I enjoyed it and once I was finished with this free copy that I received from the author herself through GoodReads, I went to Amazon and bought the second ebook and started reading right away, because I needed to know what was going to happen.  The ending was a cliff hanging, so expect that my friends.

I gave this book a 4 out of starts, the writing was very simple to read and follow along.  I wish there was a little more world building, especially in Novo, this space planet that they create, but none the least I enjoyed the characters and the story line.  The main character was someone that you had a love and hate relationship with, in my opinion.  Cal, was really friendly and someone that everyone would fall in love with.  I cannot wait to get to know more about the mystery boy Zane.

That will be it...don't want to give too much away, but expect more in my reviews for the second and third book!!!

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment