Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Book Review: A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray

Guess what today is?  It's Tuesday and Tuesdays are Book Review day...YEAH!!! I'm so excited for today's book review, why?  Because it was an amazing reading and now that I'm thinking about it, I'm just realizing that the second book is out and I haven't read it yet. WHY??? Bookworm problems, that's why; you know the saying: So many books, so little time?  Yeah SOOO me...hahahaha

Okay, stopping with the babbling and getting to the review:

A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray


I'm going to start this review by saying this: multiple universes!!! Now isn't that cool!!!  I'm going to confess something, I never thought of myself a science girl, don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed science when I was in school, but then again I loved ALL subjects, yes I was that kind of girl, what to you call it? Nerd?  HA  But anyway, I just realize that the more I read books with science behind the more I enjoyed it...alright jumping back to the review:

Marguerite Claine's parents are not your typical parents, first of all they are physicist and they are quite popular for known groundbreaking achievements.  And their latest invention is called the Firebird, what is the Firebird?  The Firebird allows you to jump to into multiple universes-and it has changed science forever.  But then the unthinkable happens, Marguerite's father is murdered and the killer-her parent's handsome assistant Paul-escapes into another dimension before the law can touch him.  Marguerite refuses to let Paul escape so easily so she races after him through different universes, always leaping into another version of herself.

 At the different dimensions she also meets alternate versions of the people she knows, including Paul, whose life entangles with hers in some very familiar ways.  As she goes from one dimension to another after Paul, she starts to question Paul's guilt and well as her own heart; something isn't right and she feels it.  Soon she finds out the truth about her father's death and it's far more sinister than she expected, will she be able to solve it, can she trust the people that she thought she could?  And what is really going on with her father?

Mystery, after mystery and jumping from one dimension to another, this book will leave you jumpy and craving for more and more.  The more I read the more I wanted to read, Marguerite was a breath of fresh air compared to other girls you are used to read, she is fun, energetic and always on the move. 

I loved, loved this book and that's why I gave it 5 out 5 stars and totally recommend it, so what are you waiting for, go and read it if you haven't yet.

I so want to read the second one now...

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment