Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Hump Day and today I'm bringing you a Book Review and this one?  It touched me and I'm going to stop and get to review, let's do this:

If I Stay by Gayle Forman




Where to I start?  Spoilers?  No spoilers?  I don't usually include spoilers on my reviews because for me the best way to read a book is going as blind as you can.  I had heard lots of great things about this book, but I always pulled myself away from the spoilers, or at least most of the spoilers because I wanted to experience all the emotions that everyone was experiencing.  And I'm glad that I went as blind as I did because once I started reading it?  I couldn't stop and I loved.  So, I'm going to keep as must non spoiler as possible because if you haven't read this book yet, you should go read and go feel all the wonderful and so no wonderful feelings this book will give you.  Ok, now I'm ready...

Seventeen year old Mia has a really great live and an amazing family too, parents who ridiculous love each other and a little brother who she loves dearly and who is not sick of her yet.  And let's not forget her boyfriend, Adam, who she really thinks is the love of her live and that her family has pretty much adopt as their third kid.  One thing that they all love and have in common is their love for music, Mia's dad was in a rock band when he was younger, Mia plays the Cello and Adam is currently band who is doing pretty well and looking like they could go really far. 

One February morning Mia and her family go for a drive and in an instant, everything changes.  And all of the sudden all choices are gone, except one.  And it's the one that matters.

This book is about the power of love of family, love of friendship, love of true love and all the choices that are throw at us and that we have to make but at the end?  Mia has ONE choice to make.

I whole time I was reading this book, my heart was beating over 100mpb and I couldn't sleep that night, so when I went to work I had little sleep and when I came home that day?  I had to grab it and finish it and Oh boy, did I cry and cry throughout this book.  And when I was done I watched the movie and cried some more, maybe because I knew what was going to happen most of the time and it was way to soon to watch the movie, but I just had to.  I don't know why I had to watch it right away, because can you believe that I still haven't watched FIOS the movie yet?  I don't think I'm ready yet for that one but for this one I just had to.  My heart my broken and I loved the book and enjoyed watching the movie.

So, bottom line?  I give this book 5 out of 5 stars and TOTALLY recommend it if you haven't read it yet.  I have no clue why I has taken me so long to read, but I'm so glad that I got to cross this one off my TBR this year. 

And that will do for my review for If I Stay...have you read it yet?  What did you think of it?

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment