Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Book Review: Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers

It's time for another book review and today I'm bringing you a third and final book of a trilogy.  Actually one of my favorites trilogies: His Fair Assassin Trilogy.  I loved reading this trilogy, it was dark at times, really strong girls for main characters and when I was done with this book, I wanted more.  I ended really well, but I'm sad that it's over and there is no more of this world.  I'm going to stop, as usual, I start babbling in the beginning of my posts before I get to the reviews, let's get to it.

But first, if you haven't read this trilogy, please start from the beginning to understand.  I have a review on the first two books: Grave Mercy and Dark Triumph.

Okay, now I'm ready for the review, let's do this:

Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers



On the first two books we heard a lot about Annith, both Ismae and Sybella talk about her and I couldn't wait to read Annith's story, it was time.  Annith has been waiting her whole life to serve Death, she came to the convent when she was just a baby and was raised by the nuns there and training her whole life on how to be an assassin.  She has watched for the longest time her gifted sisters at the convent come and go, carrying out their dark dealings in the name of St. Mortain.  She has waited and waited patiently for her own turn to serve St. Mortain but for some reason the abbess sends someone else ahead of her ALL the time.

And then one day, she discovers that she is to be groomed to be the next Seeress of the convent and she is not happy about it. Why?  She has spend her whole entire life training to be an assassin and she is one of the best at the training exercises, if not the best. It's just not fair and something just feels fishy about it too.  Annith feels betrayed, so she decides to strike out on her own, so she leaves the convent without anyone knowing and take measures on her own hands.

She  decides to go and find Ismae and Sybella, but the travels are not easy and it will take a long time to get there, but she isn't afraid, she is one of the daughters of St. Mortain, right?  On her way there she meets a group of "certain men" who are not quite from this world who decide to help her, they allow her to travel with them and help her get to her final destination.  She isn't sure at first but she decides to take the offer, as they are part of the Morgan world too.

That's all I'm going to tell you about the book, besides telling you there is romance and from the three books, this may be my favorite romance yet.  Well, I loved Ismae romance so...it's a tie between that one and this one.  The politics is still going on in this book and you get to see how everything gets wrap up.  Pretty nicely too, I loved how it all ended in the political world, well done.  Of course we got to see Ismae and Sybella and I was SO HAPPY, it was nice to see how they have been doing and how they were still helping out.  And we get to see why Robin LaFevers named this book Mortal Heart, it totally made sense when the story was evolving.  And the twists?  Be prepared, because there will be a few twists in this book, bigger ones than the other books,  I was not expecting them that's for sure.  At first I wasn't sure if I liked the twist but it totally made sense and really like how everything pieced together.

I was happy and sad with the end of this book, it was nice ending don't get me wrong, I was so glad to be back to that world and it was so easy to dive back in.  But it was sad to say bye to that, I'm going to miss those girls, I wouldn't mind to keep following all of those little girls as they grow up and become assassins too, right?

I gave a 4 out of 5 stars and totally recommend this trilogy.  Love it!!!

XOXO,

Nelia


No comments:

Post a Comment