Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Book Review: Whispers in the Dark by Chase J Jackson

Book Review Tuesday and today's review is another NetGalley review:

Whispers in the Dark by Chase J Jackson



Adrian is back in his hometown (Newman, Georgia) and he has finally landed his very first job after finishing college and it's an opportunity of a lifetime: teaching at the elite Finley Academy.  He returns home with his girlfriend and high hopes but once he starts his lifetime job things is NOT what he imagined.

Adrian suffers from anxiety disorder and he has kept that a secret all his life but his new job's pressure is making it hard for him to hiding it.  And now something weird is going on at the school that he is teaching and the identical twins Raven and Robin, two of his students, have something to do with it.  Adrian at first tries to just let it go, but then he gets accused who something that he didn't do and that's when he decides that enough is enough and he decides to find out what is the secret of that school.

Be prepared for some detective and some paranormal in this book.  When I read the summary of this book, I didn't think it would be too creepy but it did get a little creepy towards the end and I was reading the book in the middle of the night, I know not a smart move lol.

I really recommend this book, I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars.  When I started reading it I didn't think I would enjoy as much as I did, maybe because it's a short book...I don't know, but I'm really glad that I read it.  Adrian is such a great character, your typical guy that is just out of college,  just wants to hang out with his buddies and then go home to his girlfriend and then do his job.  And when something this deep happens to him, I wasn't sure what to expect at first, will he screw up or act on it?  Ah, I'm going to stop it, I really hope you guys give it a try and read it because you will enjoy, especially if you like paranormal stuff.

And that will do for my review.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment