Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Book Review: Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

Book Review Tuesday and today's book it's one that I'm pretty excited about it, I read this book a couple months ago already and it's about time I'm getting to this review because I loved it.  I'm going to stop babbling and get to the review...

Seraphina by Rachel Hartman



This book takes place in Goredd, where dragons and humans live and work side by side, but tension and hostility still exist among them too.

At the royal court a new gifted musician named Seraphina has just become a member there but what no one there knows is her deep secret, one that she guards with all her life.

Then a royal family member is brutally murdered and Seraphina is somehow drawn into the investigation alongside with Prince Lucien who is...cute, hot and very suspicious you could say.

At first Lucien isn't sure if he could trust Seraphina but then he begins to realize that he can trust her more than he realized, especially when Seraphina is willing to go with him to uncover the plot to destroy the wavering peace of the their kingdom.

Seraphina in the other hand is struggling to maintain her secret a secret, especially the more she becomes closer with Prince Lucien and Princess Glisselda, but she finds that by helping them saving their beloved kingdom will justify her secret.

I loved the world building in this book, every time I was reading I was getting more and more captivating by the world, by the end of the book I felt like I knew Goredd and that I wanted to go there and visit.  And Seraphina's garden?  I mean, I know that isn't real but I still want to visit lol

The characters?  Where should I even begin?  Seraphina is AMAZING, loved her, that's all I'm going to say about her.  Lucien is another amazing character, down to earth but at the same time someone that is fair and isn't afraid to do justice and fight for what he cares for.  Glisselda, where do I even start with this one, she is carefree but loving and caring at the same time, you can't help but fall in love with her.  And all of Seraphina's garden characters?  You get to meet a few of them in this book but I can't wait to get to meet more of them.  All the side characters fit perfectly to the story, there wasn't one that was just hanging there, do you know what I mean?  They all had a purpose and I loved that. 

I also loved how this book talks about family and music and history (dragons and human history) it was fascinating, it's not a small book but once you start you just cannot stop reading it and once you finish it you feel like you need more of it.  It's like a long book that you want to finish and don't want at the same time.

I gave it a 4 out o 5 stars and I think it was because I wanted more...I totally recommend this book and really hope that you pick it up if you haven't done it already.

That will do it for my review.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment