Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Book Review: Graphic Novels Part 2

Book Review time and it's Graphic Novels Part 2 and today I'm reviewing 3 more, let's just get to them, shall we?

These 3 Graphic Novels are all based on Classics that's why I decided to include them together and separated from the others:

Les Miserables: 4 Stars

I read the Les Miserables book back when I was in High School so when I saw this Graphic Novel at NetGalley I knew that I HAD to read it and I'm so glad that I did.  This comic is a great introduction if you have never read the Les Miserables before or like me a great reminder of a great story that it is.  The art of this comic bring this story of love and tragedy set in the 19th century so perfectly, you will fall in love just the same way as reading the book.  Totally recommend this graphic novel. 

The ScArlet Letter: 4 Stars


I haven't read the book The ScArlet Letter so this graphic novel was a GREAT introduction for me and now I cannot wait to pick up this classic and read it.  Who doesn't want to read more about a tale of forbidden love, shame and revenge?   This classic was really well portrait in this graphic, the art was really well done and the story well written, as well as it can be for a graphic novel.  It was nice to read and to visualize as well and see the settings and the characters, very well done.  The romance was great, it was great how Hester could keep her secret so well kept it and not mind to go through what she did and doing what she did at the end?  I don't know if I would have done what she did, she really loved him.  So, I totally recommend this graphic novel as a great introduction to this classic or if you have read it then it would probably be a great reminder too.

Pride and Prejudice: 5 Stars

I loved, loved this adaption, Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite classics of all times; and this manga was just perfect for my craving of Pride and Prejudice re read.  Mr. Darcy, Oh Mr. Darcy, portrayed just as amazing as the book, I love him :)
For me P&P is a perfect classic to start and if you haven't then maybe you can start with this manga and then grab the book?  Try it, it's amazing, you will love it.  Who doesn't love a great love story?


And this will do for all my graphic novels reviews this week, Thank You NetGalley for all these amazing eBooks, I loved reading them, especially the classics. 

XOXO,

Nelia





No comments:

Post a Comment