Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Book Review: To all the boys I've loved before by Jenny Han

I know it's Thursday and not Tuesday but I'm doing another book review this week, I have a lot of books to review and I may do a couple book reviews a week to catch on my book reviews.  So today's book review is:

to all the boys I've loved before by Jenny Han


Yes another Jenny Han book, because I'm not ready to say goodbye to my characters on on the Pretty series and this book was $1.99 on Amazon and because I had heard nothing but good things about it, I knew I had to read it right away, so I did.

So this book follows Lara, a teenager that every time he has a crush on a boy and that crush ends, she writes a final letter to that boy, but she has never mailed to letters to those boys.  She wrote the letters to her past 5 crushes, sealed it and then hid them on a box under her bed and never thought about it anymore, well...that is until now, when she finds out that her box is gone and her letters has been mailed to all the boys.  Now, her past crushes are coming to confront her, from her first kiss, to her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh.

At first, Lara doesn't know how to deal with it, she is embarrassed, but then she realizes some good can come out of it.  This book isn't only about Lara dealing about her letters and boys, it's also about family.  Her big sister goes away to college, out of the country away, and she has to step out and become the big sister while she is away and it's not as easy and she thinks.

I really liked this book, it's an easy and fun read.  You get to understand the before Lara and the present Lara.  And you do get to see her growing in this book, there is a great character growth and the end of the book?  Well, I just have to say; Thank God I didn't read this book when it first came out because I would be dying and dying and the second book is actually almost out  now, so I don't have too wait too long.

I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars and really recommend it if you want a light and cute contemporary read.

XOXO,

Nelia


No comments:

Post a Comment