Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Book Review: These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

Book Review Tuesday and today it's all about aliens and space and let's just get to the book shall we?

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner 


The book stars in space, inside a luxury spaceliner, where we meet Lilac; the daughter of the richest man in the universe.  And we also meet Tarver, a young war hero who avoids rich girls because he has learned that they are nothing but trouble.  But catastrophe happens and the spaceliner is yanked out of hyper space and lands into the nearest planet and Lilac and Tarver somehow end up together and together they learn to survive.

When I started this book, it took me a little bit of time to get to it, it wasn't love at first sight that's for sure.  It took me a few days to get me into it, but then after a few chapters it was really hard to put it down.  Once they were stuck on the mysterious planet and mysterious things were happening that's when things got interesting.

So, has you see from above, the planet they got stuck in was very mysterious and very mysterious things started happening to them.  At first, they don't think they can trust each other but as the days go by they soon realize that they are the only survivors on that planet and without meaning to they soon trust each other.  And with that trust, they work together to find out what is happening on that planet and why no one else is not there. And of course they work together to bring rescue to them.  But by the end they wonder if they want rescue, if they are better off by themselves?  Especially after they find out the secrets of the planet...

What to know the secrets of this mysterious planet? Well, you will just have to read it.  Some of the stuff in this book was a little creepy, mysterious but very entertaining that's for sure.  When it ended I really wanted to read the second book, but then I found out the second book is not about the same characters and not I'm not so sure about reading.  What do you think?

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars, it was good, kept me at the edge of my seat sometimes and left me wanting more alien an space stories that's for sure.  But I still want more Lilac and Tarver, I'm still not done with them.  How do you feel about it?

Well, that will do for today's review...I could go on and on about how I need more of their story but...

XOXO,

Nelia