Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Book Review: It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han

It's Book Tuesday Review time and today I'm bringing the second book of the Pretty series by Jenny Han:

It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han


Once I was done reading The Summer I Turned Pretty I picked this one up right away and once I started reading this book and found out what happened to one of the characters, well I wasn't too happy.  It was pretty devastating actually, I cried and no I'm not going to tell you what it is so you will have to read to find out.  But it is a pretty important event in this book, well the most important event of the book actually and the reason that many things happened.

Well Belly is not going to the beach house (yes it's because of that event), things are not the same and Conrad is not the same, they are not together anymore and she is trying to move one, but then she gets a call from Jeremiah asking for her help because Conrad is missing.  Belly doesn't even think twice, he has hurt her but he has been her friend since they were small and Jeremiah is still her friend and she would do anything to help him out.

Together they lie to the adults and go and try to find Conrad, after just a couple days they figure out where he is, the Beach House and off they go.  To the place where they have gone every summer since they were kids, they find Conrad there.  Conrad is not happy to see them and at first he doesn't want them there and tries to get them to leave and doesn't want to share what is going on with him.  But Jeremiah and Belly get to him finally and they eventually find out what is going on and the three of them fight for what they think it's important.  And they get help too.

And that's all I'm going to say, because anything else will be spoilers, this book...Jenny Han did it again.  Such a warm story, I loved it, I laughed, cried and it left me wanting me more again.  I haven't bought book 3 yet, I don't even know why, maybe because I'm not ready to say goodbye to this trilogy just yet?  Or maybe because how the end of this book?  I mean it was kind of unexpected, I didn't see it coming, but then I was happy and now I'm not sure if I want a change from that?  I'm not making sense unless you read the book, so please go and read it, ok?

4 out of 5 stars, only because there was a lot of emotions evolved.  I totally recommend this book.

XOXO,

Nelia




No comments:

Post a Comment