Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Book Review: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

Book Review Tuesday and today I'm review a book that it took forever for me to read, and I don't know why it took me so long to read because it was just simply amazing, and you can see by the title of this post what the book is so...

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green



I think by now everybody has read this book or has watched the movie, well I haven't watched the movie yet, I'm just not ready for another heart break, can you blame me?  I hope not, just give me a little bit more time, it has only been a couple months since I read the book, so...I may need a few more months until my heart can take that kind of heart break again, Ok? Ok.

Well, even though almost all of you have read or watched the movie, I am NOT going to do a spoiler review, WHY?  Well, because I don't think it will be fair for the few people that haven't read the book, because let me tell you, I am so glad I wasn't spoiled in this book, I am so glad I was totally blind going into it and not knowing what was going to happen, because that was what makes this book incredible and amazing, it's not knowing the full details and the twist.  Yes, it's heart breaking and incredible sad but totally worth, because when you read that very last page, you will sit there with the book still open in your hands crying like a baby, but glad that you didn't know what was coming.  I'm going to stop and get to the small spoiler free review and then tell you again how amazing this book is. Ok? Let's get to it.

So, this book follows Hazel, a teenager who has has had a terminal tumor since forever, but she has been in this medication has been shrinking her tumor, therefore giving her a few more years of life.  She lives her life at home most of the time, going out to classes at a local University, but her parents and doctors make her go to a Cancer Kid Support Group so she can socialize with kids her age.

During one of those Support Group meetings she meets Augustus Waters, he is in remission and there to support his friend, but somehow Hazel and Augustus connect and become friends and a little more after.
Even though they don't like the same things, they start to get to know each other and start to experience what each other like, from video games, to food, to books.  And from one book a great story comes out of it.

And then the twist happens and your heart will be broken, but you will laugh and cry with these characters.  You will fell like you are there with them and that is so freaking amazing for an author to do and that's when a reader gets to really say Thank You for an amazing experience.

I don't know what else I can say that hasn't been said about this book, I'm pretty sure everyone has said every amazing thing about it, so I'm just going to end by saying THANK YOU John Green for this incredible story.

5 out of 5 stars.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment