Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Book Review: Fairest by Marissa Meyer

I'm in the road and what better way to pass time than blog a little?  And I have been reading quite a bit recently and have quite a few books to review and today I am bringing you a review on a book that I'm pretty sure a lot of you have read or are dying to read, right?  Know which one yet?  Well of you course your do by the title, lol

Fairest by Marissa Meyer



The book came out in January and I don't know why I didn't read it when it first came out, my brain that's the only one I can blame.  But I picked it up last week and I devoured it in less than 2 days and loved it and now that you know that I loved it last jump to the review?

So as you all know this book tells us the story of Queen Levana and to tell you the truth I wasn't so sure I wanted to read about her, and one of the reasons was because I was afraid I was going to fall in love with her character and I didn't want that.  But I am glad I did read and got to UNDERSTAND her point of view of things but man, she is still the evil queen in my books at least.  Spoilers...I don't do lots of spoilers reviews but for this book you really have to do understand Levana, but if you don't want to know stop reading now.

We meet Queen Levana as a teenager just when her parents are killed and her older sister becomes Queen of Luna.  One thing that we find out is that her sister Channary, and Cinder's mother is not nice at all, she is mean and manipulative.  Levana is mean now but she wasn't at the beginning, now Channary, holly cow, she was pure evil.  One thing that we learn about Levana is that when she was little there was an "accident" with fire that left her burned pretty bad and since then she has to use her Luna gift, glamour so people cannot see what she truly looks like.  We also learn that she loves one of the guards but he is married to one of the most beautiful woman and they are expending a baby, but that doesn't stop Levana from loving him and she becomes obsessed with him.  When the baby is born the wife dies and Levana forces him to marry her and she adopts his baby.  Channary is the queen and she becomes pregnant with a baby, but no one knows who the father is but Channary doesn't care because she is the Queen.

Channary doesn't care about ruling and Levana takes interest about the ruling of Luna and she starts going to all the meetings with Channary and takes part of the ruling with her and sometimes even makes decisions for her as she is not present most of the time.   Channary dies from a disease and Levana becomes the temporary Queen of Luna until Princess Selene is of age 13, but that's when things start going...how should I say, more crazy on Levana's head.

Years go by and she realizes that she loves ruling Luna and that she feels that Luna has never been better and that she should be the true Queen, so she plans the death of her 3 year of niece.  I'm not going to tell you how, you will need to read it.  But that is not the only death that she plans, the book ends with another death, one that I didn't see it coming and I was pretty surprise and I shouldn't be, because it's Levana, right?

It was a short book and even though I wasn't sure I wanted to read about Levana I am so glad I got to read about her.  You got to feel a little sorry for her, understand her a little and then hate her all over again, that's what Queen Levana does to you.

And now I cannot wait to read Winter and November it's way to far away...

When I finished this book I remember turning around to my husband and saying, "What the heck?" "I need more." And he just looked at me like I was crazy lol

And off I go, time for me to drive for a while and let me hubby rest for a bit.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment