Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Book Review: Delirium Stories

Book review time, today I'm reviewing:

Delirium Stories by Lauren Oliver:




This book contains 3 novellas told by 3 different characters and I loved it.

First one was Hana's story and OMG, love it 5 out of 5 stars for sure.  Hana tells us what happens that summer, she tells you everything that she is feeling about the cure, about her friendship with Lena and everything else she goes thru that summer.   We truly get to know Hana in this novella, and I really recommend reading it and have a chance to fall in love with Hana.

The second one is Annabel's story, which is Lena's mother.  Wow, this woman is amazing and I give this novella a 5 out of 5 also.  Annabel tells you her story from the very beginning, so you get to know what happens when "love" becomes a disease which is so cool.  You really get to know her so well and get to see that she has fought from the very beginning for love.  She is such a strong and amazing woman, someone that Lena really needs in her life.  Don't want to give the whole novella away, so go and read, totally recommend it.

And the third and last one is Raven's story, and it's a 4 out of 5 story too.  Lauren Oliver can write novellas, that's for sure.  Raven tells you how she ended up in the wilds and it's nothing like you think it would be and I love it, it wasn't because of a love story and just because of that I respected and loved her even more.  In this book you know about Blue and you get to know about her relationship with Michael, but the end of this novella?  It killed me, it hurt me so much, I cried and cried and it's the reason I gave this novella a 4 and not a 5.  Why, Lauren, WHY?  How could you write this novella and did that to Raven in Requiem and not give us a clear ending?  That's all I am going to say.  But I still recommend you read this novella, it was so amazing, out of the 3 it was the most touching one.

And that will do for my reviews for today.  I know there is a novella for Alex and I'm still debating if I should read it or not.  What do you think?  Have you read the Alex novella?  Is it worth it?

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment