Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Favorite 2014 Books & 2014 Book Challenge

At the beginning of this year my goal/book challenge was to read 100 books, well I didn't meet that goal.  Back in May before my accident I thought that I was doing pretty good but then I had the accident and wasn't able to read for 3 months and not reading for 3 months was painful in itself but it also hurt the challenge.  But here is how many books I read in 2014: 64, it's not 100, but for someone that had a major concussion and still suffering from Post Concussion Syndrome, I gotta say that is still pretty good.

And here are 14 favorite books from the 64 that I read in 2014:

1. Divergent by Veronica Roth; no need to explain why, right?


2. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead; the movie wasn't impressive, but the book? Trust me, amazing.


3. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan; it doesn't matter if you are 10 or if you are 30 you will love Percy Jackson.


4. Cinder by Marissa Meyer; future, androids, love story, need I say more?


5. Cress by Marissa Meyer; Marissa Meyer has a way to introduce you to different characters and make you think they have belong together since the beginning.


6. Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead; 5th book in the Bloodlines series and OMG I cannot wait for the next book, love this series, which is a spinoff of The Vampire Academy series.


7.  Cruel Beauty Rosamund Hodge; dark twist on beauty and the beast love story, love this book.  The world is a little complicated, but it made a little more interesting.


8. Hexed by Michelle Krys; witches...yes.


9. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi; 3rd book in the Shatter Me trilogy and the best of the them, for me it was when all the pieces came together.


 10. Legend by Marie Lu; 1st book in the Legend trilogy and it's when I fell in love with Day and June, so I had to pick this one.


11. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken; read the all the books and they were all amazing, but I was blown away how Alexandra Bracken introduced and explained so much to us in the very first book.


12. The One by Kiera Cass; 3rd book in The Selection series and loved to see what decision America made.


13. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers; never in my mind I thought I would love a book like this and I fell in love right away, one of my favorites for sure.


14. Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers; 2nd book after Grave Mercy and it didn't disappointing me at all, it actually left me wanting more and more.



What were favorite books you read this year?  What series/books do you recommend for me to read in 2015?

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment