Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Book Review: The Queen by Kiera Cass

Happy Sunday!!!  I am so happy to be in a great reading place right now, this week I have read 2 books and started a 3rd one.  What?  That's what I call an improvement on my PCS, oh yes. 

Today I am bringing you a review on a novella; The Queen by Kiera Cass from The Selection series.  If you haven't started this series, please do and if you wan to read my review on The Selection click HERE and The Elite click HERE; and to read reviews on The One and The Prince and The Guard click HERE.  And let's start with today's review:

The Queen by Kiera Cass:


This novella is a prequel to The Selection, it is Maxon mother's story; Queen Amberly, her selection story.  I really, really enjoyed reading this novella, I already loved Amberly, she was so sweet to America and all the girls during her son's selection time.  Now, Clarkson...well, well...I hate King Clarkson during The Selection; I thought of him to be manipulative, cruel and someone that couldn't love anyone.  But he is so not like this in this novella, I am not even sure how I should feel about it, I love the young Clarkson but hate the older one.  Does that make any sense?  Am I the only one with this mixed feeling? 

I did like to see how both of them got close and he picked Amberly because he truly loved her, even knowing something that could have prevented that marriage (you will have to read the book to find that out).  You got to see a good side of Clarkson, but I felt that even though he was nice with Amberly, the still had that manipulative way of his.

One of my favorite things that I really liked to read was the relationship between Amberly and the other selection girls, so different from The Selection, a nice change.  But Clarkson's parents? OMG, that's all I am going to say, well, actually by knowing how is parents were you got to understand him a little better.

Not going to get too much into, it is a novella and it's a nice quick read where to get so many questions answered.  Loved that Kiera Cass wrote this prequel.

And there is even more amazing news for The Selection fans, 2 more books are coming out in 2015; one is another Novella coming out in March called The Favorite, which is Marlee's story AND The Heir is coming out in May, which is the story of Princess Eadlyn; America and Maxon's daughter.  Cannot wait to read them!

That's it for today's hope you all had a great weekend.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment