Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Book Review: Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

Book Review time and I'm so excited about this one, I bought this book months and months ago and I have no clue why I didn't pick it up earlier than now, it's totally my kind of book.  Let's start.

Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers 


The book starts off with Ismae escaping from the brutality of an arranged marriage and going into the sanctuary of the convent of St Mortain.  The sisters in the convent of St Mortain still serve the old gods including St Mortain, the god of Death and while getting there Ismae learns that St Mortain has blessed her with dangerous gifts and much more.  By staying in the convent Ismae agrees to be traied as an assassin and serve as a handmaiden to Death and so her new life begins.

The book quickly introduces you to a few of the characters but at the beginning of the book you have a characters' list, which let's just admit, it's phenomenal, especially when there are times there are some many names thrown out there.

Ismae goes on her first assignment and completes it like a pro, not long after she gets back she is assigned for a second assignment and because at the end of that assignment she is crosses path with someone she is sent to her most important assignment yet, straight into the high court of Brittany.  While there is realizes that she has to plan many games, deadly games and some impossible choices she must make.

But while on this assignment she realizes that everything that the convent taught her is not always true and not always the right decisions.  And she also is not prepared at all for one of the most important decision, her heart.

That's all, I am going to give you on the story, but you will not be disappointed at all.  There are treason everywhere, intrigue, loyalty, death but also love. There is plenty of action in the book and I truly loved the writing, it was perfectly written, in my opinion.

I gave this book a 5 out of 5 stars and I am well into the second book already and Robin LaFevers you got me again.  Totally recommend this book, so go ahead and give it a try.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment