Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

DIY: Cleaning My Makeup Brushes

While I was doing my makeup yesterday I noticed that most of my makeup brushes were in NEED of a wash, and as I was having a good day yesterday, they all went for a bath.

And I thought that I would do a post all about how I clean my makeup brushes.  I admit, it's not something that I enjoy doing, but when they are all clean I do love using a clean brush.

I have used makeup brush shampoo in the past, but why spend so much money when you can use products that you already have at home?  Let's take a look:

First let's see how dirty they were (they were bad and in much need of a clean):


Here is what you need:


Olive Oil, Dish Soap and a container:


I had this one with two dividers but you can use a plastic plate or anything you have in hand:


As I had a divided container, one has the Olive Oil and the Dish Soap on the other:



Here is the process, first wet your brushes in the olive oil, see how the makeup comes off easily from just wetting the brush? Usually I wet all my brushes on the olive oil, then rise the olive oil off and tap your brush in the soap and swirled it around in the palm of your hands and rinse it.


Forgot to take some pictures, the ones with the dish soap, but as you can see below how quick it removes the makeup.  I let my water run and it's usually warm, not cold or hot, just a comfortable warm water.

All clean...


My brushes drying...


And it doesn't take that long to wash them...


All of these? Took me about 20-30 minutes.


I lay them on one half of a bath towel and cover them with the other half.  And leave them to dry this way overnight.


The next day, they are dry and ready to be used again.


I gotta go and clean that container lol


Nothing like clean brushes, right?


How do you clean YOUR brushes?  Any tricks that you know to make it easier?  Hope you find this useful...

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment