Sunday, September 28, 2014

Book Review: Prodigy by Marie Lu

I literally just finished reading this book 20 minutes ago and I knew that I had to write a review right away.  Why?  Because I HAVE to start Champion right away, that's why.  lol

Just in case if you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm currently (and finally) reading Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu.  And yes I know, I should have read these books a VERY long time ago, but I'm down 2 books already and cannot wait to read the last one.  Wait, I'm having mixed feelings right now, I can't wait to read and finish this trilogy but also sad that it will be over soon.

I'll cry later (oh I will) but for now let's get into the review?



No spoilers, I should have stated that in the beginning, but...let's get to it.  The second book starts off with June and Day traveling to Vegas, when they arrive there the unthinkable happens, the Elector Primo dies and his young son Anden takes his place.

June and Day send a made signal to the Patriots, so they can join forces with them.  Day wants the Patriots to help him find his little brother and offer passage to the Colonies.  The Patriots get their signal and agree to help Day but only at one request.  Day and June have to help them kill the new Elector Primo.  Day agrees, the Republic has been nothing but cruel to him and his family and he would do anything to have his brother back to him.

They love the idea that Patriot in charge is a undercover Republic commissioner, who says he wants the Republic destroyed.  They trust him and together they come up with a plan.

June goes first on the plan, to be prisoner and get close the Elector and have him trust her completely, with the lie of a "assassination" to get the Elector to change course of his travels so the Patriots can kill him.  But things change, June realizes that Anden is nothing like his father and that he actually wants to change the Republic.

To not run the whole book, I'm just going to say there is a change plan, traitors, new alliances, family, new discoveries and really heartbreaking news at the end.

Marie Lu did it again, Prodigy's story is amazing, it will keep you a prisoner until you are done reading it.  I loved how in this book so much happens but also a lot of the questions are answered.  But the way she finished this book, keeps you in the edge of your seat.  That last chapter was AMAZING.  Huge cliffhanger, that's all I'm going to say.

So I am off to start reading the 3rd book as I just want to know what the heck is going to happen.  But before I go, yes I totally recommend this book and give it a 5 out of 5 stars.  It blew my mind.

Hope you all had a great weekend, that you rested, had fun, catch up on reading and everything that we try to squeeze in, right?

XOXO,

Nelia