Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Back To School Series: My Favorite Hairstyles

On today's back to school post I want to talk about hairstyles.  I remember my school years and back then my go to hairstyle was a ponytail.  Now a days you can still rock a ponytail with a few twists, if I only this back then...

I was going to go all these hairstyles in my session and take pictures, but instead I grabbed my phone a took a look at my pictures and took my favorite hairstyles that I actually wear on my daily basis. Let's take a look?

1-Because I have already mention the ponytail, let's go to hairstyle number 1.  High ponytail with a little twist...

 It's so easy to do and will only take you literally 2 minutes.  Pull your hair up and do a normal ponytail, then grab those little elastics bands and tie one in the middle and another 3/4 of the way down.  Pull the hair out a little right above the band and you get some volume and style...

2- Side braid, probably one of my favorites.  This is a hairstyle that I do just as much in the summer time as the fall/winter time.


Pull all your hair to one side (right or left whatever you prefer), braid a normal braid and tie at the end.  You can braid all the way down or leave some unbraided hair. Have bid bangs or you are letting you bangs grown?  Do what I did, pin them to the back. this is a look that makes you look so put together and you only spend 5-10 minutes on it.

3-French Braid in the front: This one will take a little more time to do, but then you will not need to worry about your hair for the rest of the day...


Part your hair to one side, not in the middle, just a little more.  Start doing your french braid, taking pieces of hair from the front and front the back.  Do it until you reach your ear, then braid normally until the end and tie it.  You can make the braid tight or a little loose, it's up to you.  I like to do mine tight so as the day goes it will loose it up a little, but will maintain the style.


4-Straight hair: It takes time, I know.  My hair is curly/wavy/frizzy and all the things you hate in a hair.  So when I straight my hair it will take me about 30-45 minutes. But the good thing about it is that it will last a couple days like that.  Have oily hair?  Invest on a dry shampoo, it will be your best friend.  Also invest on a good flat iron, I have used from really cheap ones to really expensive ones and I have to say, just invest on a really good one, your hair will thank you.


5-Curly Hair: I know you are probably going to say; "Don't you have curly hair?"  I do, but it's a crazy curl.  I like to wash my hair at night and blow dry it.  Then in the morning I just have to curl it.  My hair holds the curl a lot better on second day hair.  Again, if you have oily hair, use dry shampoo before you curly it.  And there isn't a better feeling when you actually accomplish the hairstyle that you were looking for.  You feel like sending a selfie to everyone on your contact list...lol  Okay, maybe not everyone but I do send it to my husband hahaha


That's my favorites hairstyles, what is yours?  There are a lot more out there, ah I do love a messy bun, the messier the better...

I'm going to stop, because I could spend all day talking about hairstyles and post more pictures.  Do you want me to do another post like this?  Maybe for fall?

See you tomorrow with another back to school post...

XOXO,
Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment